Stress-free living can be difficult to achieve. So with it being Mental Health Awareness Week, I thought I’d share how I have achieved it over time.
Sometimes stress is like an octopus, with dozens of legs coming from all over, sucking you into it and sucking the energy out of you !!!
So, How did I go from octopus to Sagrada Familia Basilica ????
Poor octopus doesn’t deserve to look this bad but you get my analogy.
I live a pretty stress-free life nowadays. I am very proud of what I have achieved!!
This stress-free life it is something I have been cultivating and re-educating myself to do for a few years now.
How did I do it?
- I started practising yoga, meditation, changed my eating habits completely and just kept learning ways and techniques to overcome stress or better even not to allow stress to affect me.
- One of biggest lessons I learnt is to let go of things that do not serve me or make me happy.
- When a job was making me stressed or depressed I’ve learnt to let go of the status and embrace freedom.
- When spending time with some people was not contributing to my happiness I learnt to move on and find my peer.
- When some food or drink makes me feel nervous, shaky, bloated, sluggish or moody I don’t eat/drink that thing anymore.
The letting go of things and people that don’t serve us apply’s in every area of our life’s. Even in respect to all the clutter we have in our homes. This week I was thinking that if I had to move house, I could pretty much fit all my clothes and shoes in one large suitcase !!! How cool is that??? To be so light and free ….. LOVE IT !!!!
The hard question is ….. How do you know if it serves you or not ???? well…. This is the tricky part …. You need to be very much in tune with your own self, with your body, with your heart and with your gut feeling to be able to listen to the real truth, which has no influences from the conceptual world.
I had lost this connection with my heart and this ability to listen to true myself but built it back and I am stronger than I have ever been, more confident in my potential than I ever been, more intelligent, super healthier, so much fitter …….. and I feel like the Sagrada Familia Basilica in Barcelona that has not stop expanding its temple for nearly 100 years (will be in 2026). It is still a work in construction like I am today.
Stress will never stop, we need the stress acting in our body to defend us from danger.
However, the negative effects of stress caused in our mental wellbeing and our body can stop and it starts with de-cluttering our life and quietening our life.
Here are few suggestions for stress-free living:
- Reduce the number of nights you watch tv before going to bed
- Drive to work with the radio switch off and be more aware of the driving, feeling it, smelling it, noticing it
- Reduce or cut completely coffee, alcohol, sugar, processed food intake
- Breath deeply more often during your day, put a reminder on your phone to stop a take a deep breath every hour
- When standing in the queue of the supermarket or putting fuel in your car bring more awareness to what is around you instead of being lost in thoughts
- Stop multi-tasking and do one task at the time
- Take some tasks out of your day if they re making you run around all day, do less and do better.
- Stop punishing your self with a list of 36 things to do when you know you can not do the 36 things in the day
- Stop pouring into a glass that is already full and say “No”
During the 40 Day Personal Revolution programme we start to work on some of the de-cluttering that needs to happen before you start to be able to manage the effects that stress has on you and your life.
I hope this helps, let me know what you think and if you have any questions.
Namaste! “ I Bow to You!” ?
Help men and women to be in the DRIVER seat of their life and to awaken their inner POWER.