Now I know what your saying, I can here you, Ian its Summer, its 20 degrees, I want a salad not a sausage & onion casserole.
That's great, but picture this.
A late summers evening, just as the sun is setting, the evening chill is just starting to make it's way in, your getting the fire pit warmed up and you have a cooler box with your drink of choice.
And then your handed a bowl of this delicious smokey sausage and onion casserole.
And honestly, the smokiness plus the red wine, add the seitan sausages and you have yourself a great late evening summer meal.
Sausage & onion casserole.
- 2 tbsp Veg oil
- 2 red onions sliced
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 potatoes chopped
- 1-1/2 tbsp liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp of Marmite
- 1 tbsp vegan Worcester sauce
- 750ml vegan Bouillon powder
- 240ml red wine
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2tbsp water
- 6 seitan sausages cooked and sliced
- heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the onions, carrots and potatoes and cook until the onions soften.
- Add the liquid smoke, yeast and Worcester sauce stirring until everything is coated. Then add the veg stock and red wine, bring to a gentle boil. Cook until the veg is soft.
- Next, mix the corn flour and water and then stir into the casserole, keep simmering until the sauce has thickened.
So stoke up the fire pit, grab a drink and a nice warm bowl of casserole and count the stars, enjoy.
For many years I have enjoyed an active lifestyle, this included rock climbing, mounting biking and windsurfing now days its all about the yoga, swimming or going to the gym, and along side all of these I take a great interest in the foods that I consume. I love to research new recipes and know how all the different whole foods that I am using are going to benefit me not only with my physical body but also my mental body. I love to share and inspire people to be come healthier be it through yoga, or adopting a cleaner whole foods eating plan.