This Mediterranean chickpea salad is amazing, just perfect for these sunny days.
You will love how easy this recipe is and if you can find some sun to sit in whilst you enjoy you'll think your in the Med
And its a super simple, protein packed zingy salad.
You can pack it into your lunch box or have as a side for dinner.
Check out the recipe below.
Mediterranean chickpea salad.
- 1 tin of chickpeas drained
- 3 celery stalks, trimmed & chopped
- A large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded & chopped
- 1 courgette, finely chopped
- Small bunch of parsley chopped
- Small bunch of Dill, chopped
- 150g of black olives
- Lemon wedges to serve
For the dressing
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled & crushed
- 120ml extra virgin olive oil
- 60ml red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- Black pepper to taste
- Mix together all the dressing ingredients in a bowl, whisk until slightly thickened.
- Add the chickpeas, all the veg plus the herbs and mix together.
- Pour over the dressing and mix everything together, squeeze over the lemon wedges.
For many years I have enjoyed an active lifestyle, this included rock climbing, mounting biking and windsurfing now days its all about the yoga, swimming or going to the gym, and along side all of these I take a great interest in the foods that I consume. I love to research new recipes and know how all the different whole foods that I am using are going to benefit me not only with my physical body but also my mental body. I love to share and inspire people to be come healthier be it through yoga, or adopting a cleaner whole foods eating plan.