These pastries are my take on a Mediterranean summer snack. The asparagus has a sweet taste, the cherry tomatoes burst with juice and the pesto has a great nutty taste.
With just 6 ingredients these will take you minutes to make, taste super delicious and you'll wonder why you haven't made them before.
- 1 pack of just roll puff pastry
- 250g pack of Asparagus
- 250g of cherry tomatoes
- Vegan pesto
- olive oil
- oat milk
- Roll out the pastry and cut into 4 equal squares.
- Spread the pesto on all for leaving a 10cm gap around the edge.
- trim the asparagus and slice in half length ways.
- Place the asparagus into a bowl and rub in some olive oil, spread evenly over the 4 quarters.
- Chop the toms in half and again spread over the 4 quarters.
- baste the edges with some oat milk and place in the over on 180 degrees for about 15mins.
- once the edges have browned take out and allow to cool.
Honestly these are so good warm out the oven, even writing this my mouth is watering.
For many years I have enjoyed an active lifestyle, this included rock climbing, mounting biking and windsurfing now days its all about the yoga, swimming or going to the gym, and along side all of these I take a great interest in the foods that I consume. I love to research new recipes and know how all the different whole foods that I am using are going to benefit me not only with my physical body but also my mental body. I love to share and inspire people to be come healthier be it through yoga, or adopting a cleaner whole foods eating plan.