- 1 cup of whole rolled oats, preferably organic
- 1 cup of Spelt oats
- 1 cup of chopped almonds
- 1 cup raw nuts, chopped ( I like to use a mix of nuts)
- ¼ cup raw seeds (sunflower or pumpkin seeds taste great)
- ½ cup unsweetened dried fruit, chopped (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil or other healthy cooking oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract
- 1 large pinch fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 140 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Get stuck in with your hands to mix well, it will be sticky but don’t worry just get stuck in. The coconut oil will melt from the heat of your hands.
- Spread the mixture in a thin layer on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 10-15 minutes, until very lightly toasted.
- Cool before serving or storing.
P.S – Do not over cook as it will taste like burnt popcorn if you do and no one likes that for breakfast.
For many years I have enjoyed an active lifestyle, this included rock climbing, mounting biking and windsurfing now days its all about the yoga, swimming or going to the gym, and along side all of these I take a great interest in the foods that I consume. I love to research new recipes and know how all the different whole foods that I am using are going to benefit me not only with my physical body but also my mental body. I love to share and inspire people to be come healthier be it through yoga, or adopting a cleaner whole foods eating plan.