Doesn’t winter seems to be holding on for as long as possible, and that chill in the air, it goes right through you.
Or is that just me, brrr.
Well, this super easy homemade creamy broccoli soup will warm you all the way through from your head to your toes.
Preparation time for this amazing creamy broccoli soup is 20 minutes and cooking time is even better at only 10 minutes.
Then all you have too do is grab that big blanket snuggle up on the sofa and enjoy.
Creamy broccoli soup – an easy homemade recipe
- 500g of broccoli florets not the stem
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbsp of veg oil
- 1/2 tbsp vegan margarine
- 1 tbsp of plain flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp white wine
- 500ml of vegetable stock
- 100g oat cream
- 1/2 tsp sea salt pinch of ground black pepper
- Remove the Broccoli stalk and split into florets, cut these into similar size pieces . Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Next heat the oil in a high sided pan and sauté the onion over a medium heat. Add the margarine and broccoli, dust with the flour and sauté for around 2 mins until the flour has combined.
- Then deglaze the pan with the wine and pour in the stock stirring continuously, pour in the cream stir and cook for 5-10 mins until the broccoli has softened.
- Lastly purée with a hand-held blender, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Found this recipe in Vegan on the go recipe book.
You know what would be nice after this creamy broccoli soup, a nice warming turmeric latte.
- It's great for combating those winter blues.
- Helps with boosting our immune system fighting off colds.
- Detoxifies our liver and improves digestion.
- Also helps with those aches and pains we tend to get in the joints in this cold weather.
Feel free to let me know how you got on with in the kitchen.
For many years I have enjoyed an active lifestyle, this included rock climbing, mounting biking and windsurfing now days its all about the yoga, swimming or going to the gym, and along side all of these I take a great interest in the foods that I consume. I love to research new recipes and know how all the different whole foods that I am using are going to benefit me not only with my physical body but also my mental body. I love to share and inspire people to be come healthier be it through yoga, or adopting a cleaner whole foods eating plan.