Cow Pose is this week’s pose – Known as Bitilasana in Sanskrit it is an easy, gentle way to warm up the spine and is often combined with Cat Pose.
How to do Cow Pose:
- To maximize the release in your lower back muscles, exhale as you let your back curve downward,
- Release any holding in your abdomen.
- To maximize the opening in your chest and upper spine, inhale and pull your shoulders gently back as you arch.
- Good to practice in succession with cat pose.
Benefits of Cow Pose:
- Releases muscles along the whole spine.
- improves posture and balance.
- Strengthens and stretches the spine and neck.
- Stretches the hips, abdomen and back.
- Increases coordination.
- Massages and stimulates organs in the belly, like the kidneys and adrenal glands.
- Creates emotional balance.
- Relieves stress and calms the mind.